Monday, August 18, 2008

Twins update!!!

We had our 3rd ultrasound today. All is well!!! Both Chris and Maddie are right on schedule with their growth and size. Maddie is the bigger of the two and has her head up by my ribs. With all her measurement information she measures at 30 weeks and 3 days and weights just over 3 1/2 lbs. Chris is the smaller of the two and he rests with his feet up by my ribs. He measures at 29 weeks and 6 days and weights just over 3 lbs. I'll be 29 weeks tomorrow. I'm told that most twins, while in the womb, will be in the opposite direction of each other. There is a little more room this way. Both are right on schedule as if they were single babies and not twins, but they probably won't gain as much weight as a single baby does at the very end of a pregnancy. The tech said that they can't give me an accurate birth weight and size until after my 34th week, which will be about the time we have our next ultrasound. The tech also said that if I go past my 37th week I will probably have another ultrasound after that. I really do like all of the ultrasounds that I get to have since there is more than one baby in me. It is really cool to get to see them more often than I got to see Hailey in the womb. Chris is very photogenic and cooperates very well with what the tech wants to see. Maddie on the other hand hides and moves all over and makes it difficult for the tech. When the tech tried to show us their faces Chris moved right in the way and we could see his face very clearly, however Maddie kept her hand over half of her face most of the time but we did one picture of her with her hand on her head instead of covering her face. They are both perfect and I can't wait for them to come.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Wow, I can't believe you're 29 weeks already! Sounds like things are going along really well. Just make sure you get all the sleep you can. Thanks for keeping us all posted.

Christine said...

Ha! So you have a ham and a shy one. I can't wait until they are here too!!

Kate said...

I can't believe that you are that far along. I love the names that you picked out for the twins. Sooo cute!!!