Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hailey wants to be...

In the car tonight while we were driving home from swim lessons (post to follow later) I told Hailey that tomorrow we are going to take Papa DeVon to his doctor's to get some papers and then to Papa's work to deliver them (DeVon had eye surgery and has to be off work for 2 weeks). She said that she needed to go to her doctor too, because she has the hiccups. She loves going to the doctor and thinks she need to go often.

I asked her if she wanted to be a doctor when she grows up she said "No."

So I asked the obvious question "Then what do you want to be when you grow up?"

With out missing a beat she said " I want to be a Mommy." That made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I must be doing something right if she wants to be like me when she grows up. Then after a minute or so she said "Brother and Sister can be doctors though." I'm not quite sure what that means.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Love that little girl!!

Shi said...

What a great little story! :)