Friday, September 26, 2008

One more place to go

Yesterday I had to go up to the hospital. Nothing to worry or get excited about. My doctor wants me to go to the hospital twice a week to monitor the twins. All that happens is that I lay in a hospital bed for 20 minutes with a fetal heart monitor on each baby and also the monitor that checks for and keeps track of contractions. This is something that my doctor usually does at her office, but since I'm having twins and she is only equip to monitor single babies she sent me to the hospital for it. The nurse that checked everything said that the twins are doing beautifully and also informed that I'm having Braxton Hicks contractions (which I don't feel). I thought that it was pretty funny that I'm having contractions, even if they are fake, that I don't feel. They also monitor how the babies react to the contractions. The only bad news that I got was that if Madalynne, who is head up, doesn't flip to be head down when I go into labor that I will have to have a c-section. I know that that isn't all that bad but I really don't want to have a c-section, because the recovery time is much longer and much harder. We have another ultrasound on Monday so we should be able to see then if there are any changes in the babies positions. That's all for now I'll keep you posted if anything else changes.

2 comments:

Wendy Day said...

I'm HAPPY to hear things are going well. I was surprised to read that if she doesn't turn they will do a c-section. I know everyone is different but Jonathan's mom didn't have to have one and that was back in 1976. I want to say that shouldn't the babies be small enough that it doesn't matter. I'm not the doctor/professional. I don't want to seem like I'm second guessing your doctor. So maybe I should just keep my BIG mouth shut and should just send you well wishes and congratulations.Also, let you know all I want is for you and the babies to be safe and healthy and that I can't wait for them to be born. I know I'm miles and miles away but I am so anxious to see how cute these babies are.

Christine said...

Ooo, ooo, ooo! More news, more news!! I can't wait until they are here! I am with you about the C section thing though some women love it! Here's to hoping that little girl flips herself around in there.